Monday, May 14, 2012

The Colors of Ireland

First and foremost, please forgive me for not having written in quite a while. As some of you know, I spent two weeks traveling throughout the vibrant, wondrous country of Ireland and have been trying to recuperate from the on-the-go physicality that the trip demanded.
To answer your question though, yes, I had a wonderful time. Ireland is a country full of friendly people, never-ending countryside, and…sheep. Yes, there are sheep everywhere! I’ll get to that later though. When flying to Dublin, one of the first things I noticed while sitting in the ever-so-comfortable airplane seat was the colors that this country shown.
Out of my portal-sized window, I saw numerous shades of green, looking like fabrics stretched out as far as the eye could see. I recall turning to my mom and remarking at how incredible it was to see green everywhere, yet, in so many different shades. Astounded herself, she simply couldn’t get over just how green everything was!
Properties were divided by three things: trees, bushes, or rock walls – most definitely impressive. As if the greens were impressive enough, while we were on the train to Belfast, we spotted fields of pure yellow. A bit confused as to what it could be, the train quickly sped by one of these yellow coated fields and we saw the thousands upon thousands of flowers nestled perfectly within their walls. I’ll never forget the look or reaction my mom had – fumbling to retrieve her camera and the smile that never left her face. She was in complete awe of the sight before her.
Of course, as I mentioned before, Ireland has a lot of sheep. So naturally, specks of white popped up all across the greenery. The sheep looked like oversized cotton balls, many with black faces. I’m sure every time I spotted a baby sheep, a voice in my head made the “awe” sound. The entire trip, my mom continued to say, “I want to hold a baby sheep.” Needless to say, that didn’t happen.

With all of the rain that this country receives, it is no wonder that the colors of the fields and flowers bloom and shine so brightly. In the states, everything around us dies during winter and takes a while for our trees and flowers to bloom again during the spring, so it was refreshing to see a part of the world that never “dies.”
Seeing all of those colors, I knew that my mom and I were in for a trip of a lifetime. Seeing a part of the world that provides so much beauty and life, we knew Ireland would have a lot to offer. However, what we experienced and saw later…we could have never imagined or expected.

(I wanted to add so many more photos but Blogger is being incredibly slow when trying to upload photos...I promise I'll get them up here somehow!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read and see more of your trip! Ireland is totally on my "to go" list! It's so green and all the sheep!! Haha!

Unknown said...

I'm from the UK but I want to do a tour of Ireland and see the countryside. I'm working in the Middle East right now and I so miss the colours of the UK. The people are great too aren't they? Great banter! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your photos :-)

http://talesfroma20somethingmuddle.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment