Monday, October 31, 2011

Wonderful D.C. Days

In 2008, I spent a few days in Washington, D.C. with my mom and my aunt. Having been there the previous year, although only for one whole day, I fell in love with the city and decided that as a history buff, I had to come back to visit.

Visiting the National Archives, the Smithsonian’s Natural History Museum, the Holocaust Museum and the Library of Congress, I managed to snap some photos of a place I love so much, so I’ve decided to share some of these photos with you. The ones you’ll see inside the National Archives may be a bit blurry due to the lighting inside the museum and the need to preserve these historic document.
White House





National Archives
Charters of Freedom room in National Archives
1777 Draft Card

The Constitution
The Hope Diamond
Library of Congress
Inside Library of Congress
Dinosaur in Smithsonian's Museum of Natural History
Elephant in Smithsonian's Museum of Natural History
Cherry Blossoms -- beautiful!
House where Lincoln Died sign
My mom wishing she were president at wax museum
Me and my favorite president (FDR) at wax museum

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the past few months I keep saying that I need to do a DC trip! I went there once maybe twice I cant remember when I was in camp and I remember loving it! We only did the Smithsonian for about 4 hours, but I'd love to go back to see it all! I also really loved Georgetown!

History buffs unite!!

Nelieta said...

I would love to go there! It looks like such an exciting and interesting place. Love your photos :)

Parker said...

Good information! Thanks for sharing it with us on your blog.

Post a Comment